This month we caught up with the dynamic duo: Gary Wheeldon and Steve Strickland, co-founders, Talker Tailor. We talked about the five year journey they have been on since bursting onto the PR scene in 2016 and scooping awards from early on. Known for their fearless bold approach they have landed clients including King of Shaves, Poundland and Deliveroo.
I really enjoyed the chat – here is a flavor of the questions we asked and discussed. Pour yourself a glass of something and enjoy these affable chaps.
- Can you paint a picture of life at Talker Tailor as we emerge from the pandemic?
- Has the vision you had for the biz come to fruition as you had imagined. If not, what is different and why?
- Have your company values shifted and if so what has become more/less important to you?
- If you could advise your younger self what would you say?
- How would you describe your leadership style and who inspires you?
- What keeps you awake at night and how do you handle those challenges, if any?
- What next for the biz – what will good look like this time next year? And beyond?
Over his 20+ year career, Gary’s expertise lies in strategic account management, big creative thinking and an unrivalled knowledge of the retail comms scene in the UK. Having cut his teeth at various London agencies, Gary moved to freuds where he took stewardship of the UK’s biggest consumer PR account before moving to M&C Saatchi PR, alongside Steve, as Global MD.
Steve is an award-winning creative director, having held three creative director roles at agencies: Weber Shandwick, Freuds and M&C Saatchi PR. He is now co-founder of Talker Tailor Trouble Maker. He is also a stone-cold fox.
If you are a business owner or leader in an organisation and you would like to be interviewed for the Q&R Listen.Better vodcast series in 2021 please do get in touch for an initial chat: email@example.com